I puree the tomatoes and onions together. It eliminates having to chop onions and having chunks of tomatoes in your soup. I also like how it adds a little creaminess to the soup.
Place bags on cookie sheets to freeze so they keep their shape.
Chicken Tortilla Soup (Freezer Meal)
- 16 Cups Water
- 16 Chicken Boullion Cubes or 1/3 C. Boullion
- 4 Large Onions Pureed
- 8 14 1/2 oz. or 4 qts. Canned Stewed Tomatoes Pureed
- 16 Cups Chicken Cooked & Shredded
- 4 16 oz. Jars of salsa
- 6 10 1/2 oz. Cream of Chicken Soup
- 4 T. Chili Powder
- 4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 4 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 4 Med. Zucchini
- 2 Cups Fresh Cilantro
- 4 Cans Black Beans
- 2 16 oz. Bags Frozen White corn
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT zucchini and cilantro in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins. Add zucchini and Cilantro and simmer another 10 mins. Put in quart size freezer Ziploc bags.
- To serve, warm and garnish with Tortilla Strips, Cheese, Avocado, and Sour Cream.